Not Martha takes another stab at making homemade, "bathtub" gin (see previous). Try her latest modification, and report back in the comment section below, please! This variation omits the heavy orange zest flavoring in the first recipe.
(with small changes by Not Martha)
- 1 (750ml) bottle of inexpensive vodka (run through a Brita filter a few times)
- 2 Tbsp juniper berries
- 3/4 tsp coriander seed
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp fennel seed
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf, torn into pieces (try dried)
- 1 (3-inch) sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 (2-inch-long) fresh lemon or lime peel (try lemon, perhaps avoid lime)
- 1 (1-inch) sprig fresh lavender (try a teaspoon of dried culinary lavender)
"Infuse juniper in the vodka overnight. Add remaining spices and herbs in the morning and let infuse all day. When you get home from work, strain out the botanicals and start making your favorite gin cocktails."