David, for Wilderness Education, shows us how to make this drink "Sloe Gin" which is really good to be used during the winter. It sure will keep us warm. The Sloe berries which we use for this recipe need to be ripe.
Sloes – 450 g / 1 lb
Sugar – 125 g / 4 ½ oz
Strong dry Gin – 70 cl / 1.2 pint bottle
• First you need to take the Soles and prick it with a toothpick or slice each sloe half way using a knife. This is done to allow the sloes to infuse completely with the gin and the sugar
• Take a large glass, jar or container, and put the entire slit sloes in to it. Then add the sugar in to the jar. It is best to use a funnel for this as it may get a bit messy.
• Then empty the dry gin bottle into the jar.
• Close the top of the jar with its cork and shake it well. The sugar may take some time to dissolve.
• Now you need to shake it once or twice a week for three months.
• After three months your Sloe Gin is ready to drink!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades